Thursday, December 29, 2011

Orlando!

Aloha, friends!

Ok, so, I'm aware that "Aloha" isn't the proper greeting for the place I'm going to be spending the next few days in with the good ol' Cornhusker Marching Band, but still. Orlando, Florida has no official greeting that I'm aware of, so Aloha it shall be.

Oh, by the way, I'm going to be in Orlando for the remainder of 2011.

For those of you who didn't know, I play Alto Sax in the Cornhusker Marching Band. It's pretty cool, and pretty fun... And it'll probably be my last year doing it.

I'm a bit sad, but I had a crazy, busy, stressful semester last semester, trying to juggle the obligations between my two completely unrelated majors, and that + all the hours marching band consumes= a very tired, stressed out, Caitlin. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I have so much to do that trying out next year is going to be an impossibility I'm afraid.

I won't miss getting up early in the mornings, that's for sure, but my gamedays will almost definitely be a bitter letdown from how fun they were to watch from the band.

But, on to happier things, I'm going to be Orlando for the remainder of 2011!!!!

I get to spend that magical midnight moment that changes the year from 2011 to 2012 in Universal Studios, which is pretty exciting.

Don't worry, I'll try to toast the New Year with a Butterbeer for all of you. (:

Now, I have some packing to finish, and some sleep to be getting. It's going to be a long trip.

Song of the day that seems appropriate for travel and the mood I'm in about the place I get to go to: Daylight by Matt & Kim. The upbeat piano part is something you all might recognize from a few commercials, but if not, it's just a really great song. The music video is another one worth watching if you want a smile, even though this song will probably already have you grinning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBeu3FVi60

I'm not sure if I'm bringing my laptop to Orlando yet... So if not, Happy New Year everyone, and catch you in 2012.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to write about my adventures next year.

With love,
Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment